At our New Farm (Brisbane) studio, our Women’s Health physiotherapists provide treatment options for:
Don't put up with something that you can change
- Pregnancy and postpartum concerns, including:
- Pregnancy-related pelvic pain (sacroiliac or pubic symphysis pain)
- Postnatal thoracic pain
- Rectus diastasis
- Bladder and bowel concerns (incontinence, OAB/urge, constipation)
- Pelvic organ prolapses
Our Women’s Health physiotherapists and Exercise Physiologist offer specific Pilates and Fitness classes:
- Pregnancy Reformer Pilates classes: To keep you active during your pregnancy
- Mum and Bubs Reformer classes: To help your body recover from the changes it experienced during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Power Pregnancy: To keep you strong and energised throughout your pregnancy
- Strong Mums: Become stronger and fitter after the birthing experience.
What should you expect at a Women’s Health physiotherapy appointment?
The first appointment with any new patient is 45 minutes in length and begins by documenting a history of the patient. Our Women’s Health physiotherapists will then build a personalised treatment by identifying the problem and establishing what your goals are.
Following the initial discussion, a physical examination may be performed. This is different for everyone, depending on the predominant issue, though can include:
- Posture and functional movement assessment
- Examination of the myofascial system
- Pelvic examination (internal and external), including:
- Functional tone and activation of pelvic floor muscles and pelvic organ prolapse presence
- Real-time ultrasound of abdominal muscles or pelvic contents
- Biofeedback assessment of pelvic floor function
Throughout the examination, your physiotherapist will explain the process and discuss what your treatment should focus on, as well as what your expectations are, in order to work towards your recovery goals.
To make an appointment at our New Farm studio, call our reception staff on 07 3358 3915 or click the link below. Please, be sure to request one of our Women’s Health physiotherapists.