Kristen completed her Master of Physiotherapy Studies at the University of Queensland in 2014. She has a special interest in golf, having been a previous elite-level amateur golfer with the Queensland Academy of Sport. Kristen also enjoys treating headaches and migraines, TMJ (Tempormandibular Joint), neck and shoulder injuries as well as the foot and ankle complex, lower back pain, sacroiliac joint dysfunction, lower limb tendinopathies and orthopaedic post-operative rehabilitation.
She has been involved in research, investigating Achilles and patella tendinopathy and femoroacetabular impingement in athletes. Being an overall movement enthusiast she believes in, and participates in, a variety of activities including Pilates, weight training and yoga.
Kristen is passionate about ongoing education and She uses a wide range of treatment techniques with some of her additional qualifications including:
- Certificate in Spinal Manual therapy
- Dry needling
- Watson headache® Approach – Level 2
- Oov Level 3
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Runity coaching
- Educator for Polestar Pilates Australia
- Diploma of Polestar Pilates Studio and Rehabilitation Method
- Strain/Counterstrain for the spine and sacrum
- Rehabilitation and Pilates informed exercises for neurological conditions, gluteal tendinopathy, multidirectional shoulder instability and scoliosis
- Vestibular assessment rehabilitation
She is currently completing her Master of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy at The University of Queensland where she is gaining advanced skills in the musculoskeletal field related to clinical reasoning, evidence-based practice, assessment, treatment, pain and exercise.
Kristen is available on Wednesdays and Fridays.